[R-sig-ME] Reporting results of a mixed-effects model, using the negative binomial distribution

Célia Sofia Moreira ce||@@o||@more|r@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 31 15:10:13 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am with some difficulties in reporting the results of a mixed-effects
model, with the following main output:

Random effects:
 Groups Name        Variance Std.Dev.
 Subj   (Intercept) 0.1726   0.4155
Number of obs: 164, groups:  Subj, 50

Fixed effects:
            Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)
(Intercept)  0.09118    0.14255    0.64    0.522
Time         0.11498    0.00515   22.33   <2e-16 ***

This is a negative binomial mixed-effects model (log link), Time is the
indep. variable, and Y is the dep. variable. I would like to know if I can
write that:

*Not accounting for the uncertainty of random effects (i.e., setting the
random effects to zero), the fixed effect of Time on Y is written on the
form:*
*exp(0.09118 + 0.11498 * Time).*

If it is not correct/rigorous, can you please suggest me how should I

Best regards,
csm