[R-sig-ME] binary trait correlation across environments (experimental trials) using MCMCglmm?

Plough, Louis lplough @ending from umce@@edu
Wed Jan 2 23:18:49 CET 2019

Thanks Jarrod for the prompt response!

I think the residual variance was set at 1.   My prior  looks like this:

prior <- list(R = list(V = 1, nu = 3), G = list(G1 = list(V = diag(2), nu =
2)))

Not sure why the difference for *nu* in R vs G (3 vs 2)...might have been a
typo. Is there guidance on setting the gamma parameter for this kind of
binary trait, cross environment correlation model with the 'threshold'
family? In the low iteration (toy) run I did for the R-Sig-ME post, the
correlation was a bit lower than I would expect based on simply phenotypic
correlation of family means, so I think I might need to tweak *nu *for
both?

*Can I also confirm that I am estimating the rG correctly with the
following code:*

corr.gen<-model_trial4$VCV[,'TrialA:TrialB.animal']/sqrt(model_trial4$VCV[,'TrialA:TrialA.animal']*model_trial4$VCV[,'TrialB:TrialB.animal'])

Any reason to use 'TrialA:TrialB.animal' vs 'TrialB:TrialA.animal' in the
numerator? Or are they basically equivalent? I wouldn't want add them,
would I?

Thanks for your help!!!

LVP