[R-sig-ME] LRT between GLMM and GLM to test a Single Random Intercept

Thierry Onkelinx thierry@onkelinx @ending from inbo@be
Wed Dec 12 11:07:40 CET 2018

Dear Juho,

I'd take a step back and think on why you add the random intercept. Is it
clearly a part of the design? E.g. it takes repeated measures into account.
Then you need the term in the model, what ever the p-value. The variance of
the random effect indicates its importance.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey