[R-sig-ME] Are BLUP from two different random factors independant ?

Thierry Onkelinx thierry@onkelinx @ending from inbo@be
Tue Nov 27 09:59:21 CET 2018

Dear Stephane,

Why not simply fit a model without  [[variety x network]]. Then IMHO [[variety
x year x network]] would be an estimate of sum you're interested in.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey