[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm: square root of the sampling variance of additive genetic variance

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre@de@villemereuil @ending from m@iloo@org
Wed Nov 7 19:09:42 CET 2018

Hi,

Just to clarify this:

> The MCMCglmm estimates the posterior distribution of the additive and
> residual variances, to my knowledge then, there is no standard error
> associated with it rather you can output the HPD interval or highest
> posterior density interval at a 95 or 98% confidence interval, which you
> already have done. I stand to be corrected though.

The sd() of the MCMC chain is indeed an estimate of the standard error (+ some error itself coming from the Monte Carlo process), though HPD interval is indeed probably a better (and more Bayesian, in a way) way to measure the uncertainty.

I might also stand to be corrected! ;)

Cheers,
Pierre.