[R-sig-ME] Unclear output from MCMCglmm with categorical predictors

Walid Mawass w@lidm@w@@@10 @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Nov 7 18:36:17 CET 2018

Hello,

by adding -1 into your model's formula, you are explicitly calling for no
intercept term to be included in the estimates. If you do want an intercept
term which would include a baseline level for each of your categorical
variables then the syntax should be:

MCMCglmm(Activity ~1 + Habitat + Diet + log(Mass) + Max.Temp... (explicit
call for intercept term)
or
MCMCglmm(Activity ~ Habitat + Diet + log(Mass) + Max.Temp... (implicit call
for intercept term)

Hope this helps
--
Walid Mawass
Ph.D. candidate in Cellular and Molecular Biology