[R-sig-ME] intercept and threshold values to calculate probability based on mixor package

roee maor roeem@or @ending from gm@il@com
Tue Oct 30 10:41:08 CET 2018

Hi Kamarul,

I'm not familiar with the mixor package, but looking at your model's output
it seems that the threshold values you're looking for are Threshold2 and
Threshold3.

The first and last thresholds in any threshold model are minus infinity and
infinity, respectively. In your current model, that leaves 3 thresholds to
be recovered. To simplify calculations, one of these is assumed to be 0,
which leaves only two thresholds to estimate from the data. These two are
the last two parameters listed in your model's output.

However, I'm not familiar with package mixor, so I can't say which one of
the three thresholds is the one set to 0. In MCMCglmm it is the second
threshold, but I don't think that has to be so by necessity. Finding out
which of the thresholds is 0 may (or may not) clarify why you get a
positive value where you expect a negative one.

Best,
Roi Maor