[R-sig-ME] test_terms for lme model with crossed random effects and weights

Maarten Jung M@@rten@Jung @ending from m@ilbox@tu-dre@den@de
Tue Oct 23 16:54:56 CEST 2018

I don't know if monet::test_terms() can do this.
But maybe the emmeans package can help here. The joint_tests() function
computes Type-III test for each effect in a model [1].
Also (what I find quite interesting), "[t]here is an experimental mode =
"satterthwaite" option that determines degrees of freedom approximately: It
estimates a needed gradient in the covariance matrix experimentally by
randomly perturbing the response values. Thus, the degrees of freedom will
vary slightly (or possibly even a lot) if the reference grid is
re-calculated" [2].

Cheers, Maarten

[1]
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/emmeans/vignettes/interactions.html