[R-sig-ME] Conceptual doubts on how to define my random effects

Poe, John jdpo223 @ending from g@uky@edu
Tue Oct 9 22:05:08 CEST 2018

This is (more or less) a chapter from Jim Hodges' book called Richly
Parameterized Linear Models: Additive, Time Series, and Spatial Models
Using Random Effects. The chapter goes through the classical interpretation
of a random effect in an experimental setting and then more modern
interpretations. It is VERY in line with Richard McElreath's general
interpretation of random effects in his statistical rethinking book.

http://www.biostat.umn.edu/~hodges/PubH8492/Hodges-ClaytonREONsubToStatSci.pdf