[R-sig-ME] R Consortium call for funding

Martin Maechler m@echler @ending from @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Wed Sep 26 10:00:44 CEST 2018

    > Personally, I’m trying to duplicate some standard repeated measures analysis from SAS and am missing Kenward-Roger and Satterthwaite corrections for nlme. I had some concerns about lmeTest, but I haven’t looked at that in a while - I’m a bit more concerned with structure error covariances.

I assume you mean 'lmerTest' above, the CRAN package originally
mostly by Rune Haubo Christensen
       https://cran.r-project.org/package=lmerTest

I think its Satterthwaite (and Kenward-Roger via CRAN package
'pbkrtest') 'df' approximation computations have become quite
reliable, after Rune's recent refurbishing, see also
	  https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/runehaubo/lmerTestR/blob/master/pkg_notes/Satterthwaite_for_LMMs.html

-- as always at least as long as you refrain from fitting much
   overparametrized models -- which you should even though some
   authors tell you to do so.

Martin Maechler
ETH Zurich