[R-sig-ME] glmmTMB

Stephanie Rivest @rive046 @ending from uott@w@@c@
Fri Sep 14 00:06:30 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding the use of glmmTMB, hopefully this is the
correct place to ask questions. See below..

1) How can pearson residuals be calculated for a Poisson distributed
zero-inflated glmm using the package glmmTMB? When I attempt to do this, I
get the following error message: pearson residuals are not implemented for
models with zero-inflation or variable dispersion.

2) Is it unusual for the nbinom distributions to fit very poorly compared
to the poisson? What I have done is kept my model identical, expect for
changing the distribution of the conditional model. The poisson fits well,
whereas the nbinom1 has some suspicious parameter estimates and NA values.

Thanks!
Stephanie Rives

Stephanie Rivest
Ph.D. Candidate | Candidate au Doctorat
Dept. of Biology | Dép. de Biologie
University of Ottawa | Université d'Ottawa