[R-sig-ME] Order of terms for random slopes

Stefan Th. Gries @tgrie@ @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Aug 29 20:51:46 CEST 2018

> Thanks. This is a known issue: https://github.com/lme4/lme4/issues/449
Ohh, ok, I had googled a bit on 'order of terms', 'random effects'
etc. but hadn't come across this, sorry.

> - it's not terribly surprising that a model with 11 parameters fitted to 48 observations is numerically unstable ...
Absolutely, the example is from a workshop and was used only for
didactic purposes, and ...

> there don't seem to be any _substantive_ differences in the estimate ...
... yes, we only wanted to make sure there wasn't something
superobvious but important we had missed.

Thanks for the quick feedback!