[R-sig-ME] How to use all the cores while running glmer on a piecewise exponential survival with

Doran, Harold HDor@n @ending from @ir@org
Thu Aug 23 21:21:58 CEST 2018

No. You can change to an improved BLAS or I have found the Microsoft R has some built in multithreading that is fast for matrix algebra and it passes that benefit to lmer. From some experience, you can improve computational time of an lmer model with Microsoft R

-----Original Message-----
From: R-sig-mixed-models <r-sig-mixed-models-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Adam Mills-Campisi
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 3:18 PM
To: r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org
Subject: [R-sig-ME] How to use all the cores while running glmer on a piecewise exponential survival with

I am estimating a piecewise exponential, mixed-effects, survival model with recurrent events. Each individual in the dataset gets an individual interpret (where using a PWP approach). Our full dataset has 10 million individuals, with 180 million events. I am not sure that there is any framework which can accommodate data at that size, so we are going to sample. Our final sample size largely depends on how quickly we can estimate the model, which brings me to my question: Is there a way to mutli-thread/core the model? I tried to find some kind of instruction on the web and the best lead I could find was a reference to this list serve.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.