[R-sig-ME] Model average error message

Helen McCallin helenmcc@llin @ending from hotm@il@com
Mon Jul 23 11:33:03 CEST 2018

Hi

I am running a glmer model on a response variable with binomial distribution and random term. My data has 3 explanatory categorical variables and I have successfully run dredge() on them and their interactions to get AICc values.

I want model averaging to provide output with coefficients and an index of relative importance of fixed effects from those models; within a delta constraint that I specify.I can get this using the code below for alternative datasets but not for this dataset.

model.avg() produces this error message:

Error in model.avg.default(get.models(models, subset = delta < 5)) : models are not unique. Duplicates: '2 = 3 = 4' and '10 = 11'

This doesn't make sense, DREDGE does not (cannot) produce duplicate models – each model is a unique iteration within the full model, yet the error message indicates that MODEL AVERAGE identified ‘duplicate’ models from within DREDGE output. R fails to run MODEL AVERAGE under these circumstances - producing no further output.

Has anyone else experienced similar problem (with 'not unique', duplicate models) via MODEL AVERAGE?

Is there a workaround for the error that prevents me running MODEL AVERAGE due to perceived ‘duplicate’ models in DREDGE?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.