[R-sig-ME] help: error in fn(x, ...): Downdated VtV is not positive definite

Ben Bolker bbolker @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jul 19 21:33:56 CEST 2018

 what is frace?

  This is a relatively rare error message.  It usually indicates a
strongly unbalanced/unstable model for some reason. Have you tried
rescaling parameters?  Do simpler versions of the model work?