[R-sig-ME] Problem-installing-package-GlmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jun 27 16:05:02 CEST 2018

A few quick points:

(1) I don't think you should need the windows toolchain to install
glmmADMB; it doesn't have any compiled components (it has a
pre-compiled binary "blob" that prevents it from being posted to
CRAN). But try devtools::dr_devtools()
(2) The fact that your error report ends with " --install-tests
Installation failed: cannot change working directory" strongly
suggests that you may have other problems with file permissions, as
romunov suggests
(3) It might be worth trying glmmTMB instead. glmmADMB is still
supported (sort of), but glmmTMB is newer, nearly drop-in compatible
with glmmADMB, faster, and better supported/under more rapid
development.