[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm: tissue type as a random effect when not all species have been measured for all tissuess

Nathanael Walker-Hale n@th@n@el@w@lker@h@le @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jun 6 19:07:19 CEST 2018

Hi Ben,

Thanks very much for your response. There are more tissues (six in all), I
just chose those as an example of the data format. I was under the
impression that the missing data would be a problem if attempting to treat
tissue type as fixed, but is this not the case? I have seen in other
threads the ways in which missing responses are imputed in MCMCglmm, and I
could perhaps merge tissue types into two or three classes (say root, shoot
and flower) and model them as fixed, if the missing data does not create
problems for the analysis.

Thanks again for your help,

Nathanael