[R-sig-ME] Multilevel Modeling Courses in Ann Arbor, Switzerland, and Slovenia

Poe, John jdpo223 at g.uky.edu
Thu Apr 26 20:29:35 CEST 2018

Hello mixed modelers,

I've noticed people announce their courses on the listserv so I
thought I'd jump in as well.

I'm teaching three courses on multilevel modeling over the summer.
I'll be teaching a week long course on multilevel modeling using R and
Stan in Switzerland -- June 11-15 -- and again in Slovenia -- August
27-31st. You can see the material I'll be covering at the GSERM
website ( http://www.gserm.ch/stgallen/course/basic-and-advanced-multilevel-modeling-with-r-and-stan/
). I draw pretty heavily on statistics, econometrics, and
psychometrics so the material covered is a somewhat unique mix for a
multilevel class. It covers both likelihood and Bayesian approaches.

Additionally, I'm teaching a month long class on advanced multilevel
models -- July 23-August 17-- in Ann Arbor, MI as part of the ICPSR
summer program. You can see my current syllabus at
https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/sumprog/syllabi/166807

Comments on the material that I plan to cover are STRONGLY encouraged!

--

Thanks,
John

John Poe, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Scholar / Research Methodologist
Center for Public Health Services & Systems Research
University of Kentucky
www.johndavidpoe.com