[R-sig-ME] Binomial generalised linear mixed model using JuliaCall.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 18 07:28:24 CEST 2018

On 18/04/18 15:58, Ben Bolker wrote:

> Don't have time to dig into this right now (I'm not an expert), but the docs at
>
> https://github.com/dmbates/MixedModels.jl/blob/master/docs/jmd/constructors.jmd#L104
>

> say:
>
>> Note that, in keeping with convention in the [`GLM` package](https://github.com/JuliaStats/GLM.jl), the distribution family for a binary (i.e. 0/1) response is the `Bernoulli` distribution.
> The `Binomial` distribution is only used when the response is the
> fraction of trials returning a positive, in which case the number of
> trials must be specified as the case weights.
>
>     ... which implies that you can do what you want.
>
> https://github.com/dmbates/MixedModels.jl/blob/fd22daf226938a4f98ce3d4b228e5a99437e3218/src/pls.jl#L61
>
> seem to give 'weights' as the third argument to the LinearMixedModel
> function ... ?

Thanks Ben.  That looks like it holds out some hope.  I'll try to pursue
it.  I still cannot discern aspects of the syntax however.  The docs say
that the "canonical link, which is `GLM.LogitLink` for the `Bernoulli`
distribution, is used if no explicit link is specified."  But I can't
find how to specify other links (e.g. cloglog).

I shall keep searching.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf