[R-sig-ME] Vignette on using Julia MixedModels from R

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Apr 14 00:14:00 CEST 2018

On 14/04/18 09:59, Mitchell Maltenfort wrote:
> Works nicely but I’m trying to track down how to move data back and forth.
>
> I need to use glmm for predictions.

Does not work nicely for me.  I tried (as per Doug's instructions):

 > system.time(j <- julia_setup(JULIA_HOME=jh,verbose=TRUE))

where "jh" had been assigned the character string

     "/home/rolf/Desktop/Julia/julia-d386e40c17/bin/"

which is where I have the Julia binary currently living.

I got the response:

 > Julia version 0.6.2 at location
/home/rolf/Desktop/Julia/julia-d386e40c17/bin will be used.
 > Julia initiation...
 > Finish Julia initiation.
 > Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have contacted the maintainer of the JuliaCall package, and he has
responded and is looking into the problem.  (I am running R from the
command line under Ubuntu 16.04.)

Has anyone else encountered such a seg fault?

cheers,

Rolf

--
Technical Editor ANZJS