[R-sig-ME] adding a constant to a continuous dataset with zero values- to use the log transformation

Ahmad ahmadr215 at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 5 00:57:56 CEST 2018

Hi Tony

Thanks for your comments and thoughts,
You raised interesting concepts here that I didn't think about them before. You are right, I may perhaps haven't explained what the objective of this exercise. I assume this is similar to censoring in survival analysis (but with continuous data), showing in which group the injection site volume resolves sooner- by using the volume data. So, the number of zero in a group means that injection site resolved soon.

Re aggregation vs. hierarchical approaches, as you pointed out I have 25/group (75 total) with 10-13 observations for each participant.
So, I am not sure to consider this as small or big sample size (or data points) to make a decision about one of these objections. I assume I can run both and see the difference, as you suggested.

Thanks again!
Ahmad