[R-sig-ME] What is the lmer/nlme equivalent of the REPEATED subcommand in SPSS's MIXED procedure?

Phillip Alday phillip.alday at mpi.nl
Tue Mar 20 17:48:20 CET 2018

Perhaps somebody with a better understanding of the covariance structure
in lme4 can comment, but I thought that lmer used an unstructured
covariance structure.  This seems to be one of the "bigger" nlme
features missing from lme4 -- there's no way to specify a structured
covariance such as AR1, etc.

(If I'm wrong, I would love to be corrected as it will only help my own
understanding of these things!)

Phillip