[R-sig-ME] Serial correlation in random effects

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Mar 12 16:45:28 CET 2018

Dear Daniel,

You could combine an AR1 per sector along time and an iid along year. The
former creates the AR1 correlation with the sector. The latter induces a
compound symmetry correlation among year. Thus making observations from
different sector but within the same year more similar to each ofther.

f(time, model = "ar1", replicate = sector) + f(year, model = "iid")

You could post the question to the INLA mailing list. Adding the
mathematical equation for the model you want will help.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey