[R-sig-ME] QGglmm multivariate with fixed effects

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre.de.villemereuil at mailoo.org
Thu Mar 1 17:34:33 CET 2018

Hi Walid,

QGparams yields the point estimates corresponding to the point estimates it was given as input. But if you work with MCMCglmm, you might want to use to obtain the whole posterior distribution of the parameters on the observed data scale (see section 5.3 of the vignette "How To"), then take the point estimate you want to use (mode, mean, median, your choice). If your binomial model uses a logit link, it might be a bit slow, as there is no close formula for this model...

Running QGmvparams accounting for fixed effects is similar to the monovariate case, but you need to pass a matrix to "predict" rather than a vector. Quoting the help page of QGmvparams:
predict: Optional matrix of predicted values on the latent scale (each
          trait in each column). The latent predicted values must be
          computed while only accounting for the fixed effects
          (marginal to the random effects). (numeric)

I'd be happy to hear any feedback on how to make the package easier to use and the "How To" easier to understand (maybe outside of the mailing list). I have been thinking about a "wrapper" function to make the process of integrating over the posterior distribution easier but I haven't had the time to implement it.

Cheers,
Pierre