[R-sig-ME] indirect maternal genetic effects

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 14:28:56 CET 2017

Hi,

You are correct. You are need to associate the inverse with both terms:

invA<-inverseA(ped)$Ainv

m1<-MCMCglmm(..., random=~dam+animal, ginverse=list(animal=invA, dam=invA),  ...)

if you want to estimate the direct-maternal genetic covariance you need:

m2<-MCMCglmm(..., random=~str(dam+animal), ginverse=list(animal=invA, dam=invA),  ...)

Cheers,

Jarrod