[R-sig-ME] glm model with all zeros for one of the factor level

Paul Johnson paul.johnson at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 15:36:37 CET 2017

(This question is about GLMs rather than mixed models in R.)

I recommend reading up on separation in logistic regression, where the proportion in any of the categories formed by the fixed effects is exactly 1 or 0, so that a maximum likelihood estimate of the log odds doesn't exists. The logistf package is the simplest way of dealing with this in R.

Good luck,
Paul

Sent from BlueMail<http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=11327>