[R-sig-ME] model specification in lmer

silvia.matesanzgarcia at gmail.com silvia.matesanzgarcia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:57:22 CET 2017

Thank you so much for your answer.

So, just to make sure I get this right, I could follow the next approach:

model1=lmer(Trait~Pop*Trt + (Trt|Family), data=data)
model2=lmer(Trait~Pop*Trt + (1|Family), data=data)
model3=lme(Trait~Pop*Trt , data=data)

anova(model1,model2) would provide significance for the interaction between
Family and Treatment.
anova(model2, model3) would provide significance for the Family term.

Is this correct?

Thank you so much again!!