[R-sig-ME] ZIGLMM for count and temporal data

Anton Baotic anton.baotic at univie.ac.at
Mon Nov 20 14:44:07 CET 2017

Hello,

I am new to R and came across the glmmamdb package. I hope you can
answer my question.

Very briefly, I conducted acoustic playback experiments where I
presented an animal species' with calls (of the same species) that
simulate different body size (smaller, same-sized, or larger) to
investigate whether a preference to a particular body size exists. For
the analysis I am using temporal variables such as 'approach' (in
seconds) or for example frequency/counts of ear lifts'... with size
category (of each presented call AND test animal) as fixed and identity
(of the exemplar animal AND test individual) as random effect...
However, some test subjects showed no reaction at all (meaning
zero-inflation for count and durational variables).
My question would be whether variables measured in seconds are at all
suitable for the ZIGLMM? If yes, does the ZIGLMM allows to use count and
temporal variables together in a single analysis?

Thank you so much!

Best
Anton