[R-sig-ME] Negative and zero value on mixed models (moses selebatso)

Highland Statistics Ltd highstat at highstat.com
Mon Nov 13 14:15:37 CET 2017

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:50:14 +0000 (UTC)
> From: moses selebatso <selebatsom at yahoo.co.uk>
> To: R-sig-mixed-models <r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org>
> Subject: [R-sig-ME] Negative and zero value on mixed models
>
> Good day
> I am trying?to run mixed models on my dataset.?Values range from 1 to?-1,?including zero. I tried to search and?find out if there is any particular way I should handle this data when running mixed models.
> Moses?
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Have a look at the pdf file that comes with the betareg package, and see
whether the beta distribution (after converting it to the 0 - 1 range)
is something that would work for you. If so, then use glmmTMB to fit a
beta model with random effects.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/betareg/vignettes/betareg.pdf

Such an approach assumes that you *cannot* sample a value larger than 1,
or smaller than -1.
Alain

--

Dr. Alain F. Zuur
Highland Statistics Ltd.
Email: highstat at highstat.com

And:
NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research,
Department of Coastal Systems, and Utrecht University,
P.O. Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg,
Texel, The Netherlands

Author of:
1. Beginner's Guide to Spatial, Temporal and Spatial-Temporal Ecological Data Analysis with R-INLA. (2017).
2. Beginner's Guide to Zero-Inflated Models with R (2016).
3. Beginner's Guide to Data Exploration and Visualisation with R (2015).
4. Beginner's Guide to GAMM with R (2014).
5. Beginner's Guide to GLM and GLMM with R (2013).
6. Beginner's Guide to GAM with R (2012).
7. Zero Inflated Models and GLMM with R (2012).
8. A Beginner's Guide to R (2009).
9. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R (2009).
10. Analysing Ecological Data (2007).