[R-sig-ME] Linear mixed model in lme4

Diana Michl dmichl at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Oct 3 17:14:37 CEST 2017

Hi Ricardo,

if you have fixed and random effects, then lme4 can definitely do this
analysis. But your formula would have to look quite different. I also
don't get your data overview - if you have it in a table, rather send
that than a single column. While I still wouldn't know what FA7, FV7,
and your other letter-number combinations refer to, which might make a
difference to your model.

You're aware that you wouldn't write your equation in lme4 as you did
here, right? You would not write mu+ and +e, but Y ~ variable1 +
variable2 + random effect.

1. What is your Y? Is Y the specific tree clone you're trying to predict?
2. Your Female+Male is most likely one variable with 2 levels (Female
and Male), not two. So in your formula, it would be "sex" instead or
however you want to call it.
3. I don't know what FemxMale refers to.
4. What does Clone refer to?
5. What would your random effect(s) be? If you don't have any, lme4 is
not right for you.

 From what you're writing, I don't think your formula is correct. From
the data you've sent, I can't get the proper info.
So we would really need more info on what you're trying to find out and
model.

Diana