[R-sig-ME] Main effects for zero inflation poisson regression

Francesco Romano francescobryanromano at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 18:48:51 CEST 2017

Hello All,

I am trying to run a type III Anova test on a zero-inflation poisson model
with count data to obtain stats for main effects. In other words, I would
like the output to include the df, Chisq, and p value for the main effect
of my fixed effects. In the past, I have done this using the 'mixed'
function or 'car::Anova' functions from the car package, or in the more
traditional (and tedious) way by model comparison via anova(model1, model2,
etc...).

Unfortunately, none of these methods work as R returns an error message:

#
> anova(p.tmb5, p.tmb5a)
Error in anova.glmmTMB(p.tmb5, p.tmb5a) :
  no single-model anova() method for glmmTMB

> car::Anova(p.tmb5, type = "III")
Error in I.p[subs, , drop = FALSE] : subscript out of bounds
In addition: Warning message:
In is.na(coef(mod)) :
  is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'

The mixed function also can't be used because it will not work with glmmTMB
which includes two formulas, one for the poisson regression, the other for
the zero-inflation (see below).

 My final model has two fixed effects, Verb.form and Response.type, with
three levels each, and a random effect for participants.

> p.tmb5<-glmmTMB(Count~Response.type*Verb.form+(1|Partname), data = p, zi
= ~Response.type)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I attach my data in csv format.
PS: Partnames and classes are fictitious.

--
Frank Romano Ph.D.