[R-sig-ME] Changing reference level in clmm() ordinal regression

Jessie Barker jessiebarker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:24:59 CEST 2017

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that when changing the reference from say, a1 to a2, the estimate for
a3 will be different.
However, I'm still not sure why, when I change the reference of the other
factor from, say, q1 to q2, the estimate for a3 will be different (because
a3 is is still being compared to the same reference level of a, regardless
of what the reference level of q is). Or am I misinterpreting that?

Thanks again,

Jessie