[R-sig-ME] ZINB model validation and interpretation

miriam.alzate at unavarra.es miriam.alzate at unavarra.es
Tue Sep 19 00:25:03 CEST 2017

Hello,
I am working with a ZINB model in R. To validate it, I first did a VUONG
test to compare it with a standard NB model. The result is that the ZINB
is better than the NB. Then, I compared the ZINB to a ZIP model, comparing
the AIC index and the log-likelihood and I also get that the ZINB fits
better than the ZIP.

However, I would like to know if I should take other tests into
consideration to show the validity and robustness of my model.

On the other hand, I would like to know if I can interpret the
coefficients directly from the model result or I should compute the Odds
ratios.

Thanks a lot,

Miriam