[R-sig-ME] choice of reference category only changes coefficient with uncorrelated random intercept and slope

Emmanuel Curis emmanuel.curis at parisdescartes.fr
Wed Sep 13 22:24:14 CEST 2017

Thanks for the explaination.

If I understand correctly, the existence of an uncorrelatedness point
is somehow "an accident" and this point has no special meaning, so
constraining it by design to a special value (in general 0, but could
be something else by fixing the correlation between slope and
intercept) makes in general little sense. Is it that?

Best regards,