[R-sig-ME] Query

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Wed Sep 13 21:20:36 CEST 2017

I can think of a few ways to do this; but perhaps a straightforward way is to estimate environment in a slightly different way than what you have below

lmer(Alt_Planta ~ 1 + (1|Environment) + (1|Bloque) + Checks + (1|Testlines), data = data)

This will give you the marginal variance between environments and then you can get the conditional variance of the conditional mean for each environment.