[R-sig-ME] Likelihood estimation by glm and glmer/lmer

Toni Hernandez-Matias ahmatias at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:24:50 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I would like to compare AIC values of a null model estimated with glm
function and AIC values of models that only have random effects fitted with
glmer or lmer functions. I understand that they are comparable because both
estimate true likelihood. Could you confirm me this?

Thank you very much in advance,

Antonio

Antonio Hernandez Matias

Equip de Biologia de la Conservació
Departament de Biologia Evolutiva, Ecología i Ciències Ambientals
Facultat de Biologia  i Institut de Recerca de la Biodiversitat (IRBio)
Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
Av. Diagonal, 643
Barcelona      08028
Spain