[R-sig-ME] nAGQ = 0

Jonathan Judge bachlaw01 at outlook.com
Sun Sep 3 17:48:19 CEST 2017

Rolf:

I have not studied this extensively with smaller datasets, but with larger datasets --- five-figure and especially six-figure n --- I have found that it often makes no difference.

When uncertain, I have used a likelihood ratio test to see if the differences are likely to be material.

My overall suggestion would be that if the dataset is small enough for this choice to matter, it is probably also small enough to solve the model through MCMC, in which case I would recommending using that, because the incorporated uncertainty often gives you better parameter estimates than any increased level of quadrature.

Best,
Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone