[R-sig-ME] using lme for cov structures?

Ben Pelzer b.pelzer at maw.ru.nl
Fri Jul 28 10:51:54 CEST 2017

Dear Thierry,

After all effort and thinking about the trick with the "one" variable, I
realised (but only after your previous mail with the syntax for the
"group" variable) that I do not need the trick at all. With a
grouping/context variable, lme can be used and without such
grouping/context, gls will do. Why didn't I realize this earlier???

As to your last mail, the syntax you included looks very intriguing,
which language did you use to evaluate the cov matrix?

Best regards, Ben.