[R-sig-ME] Multilevel logistic regression guessing parameter

Dominik Ćepulić dcepulic at gmail.com
Fri May 12 10:55:04 CEST 2017

Dear everybody, thank you for your ideas and messages!

First, Philipp, yes, you are right. We have a simple two-choice recognition
task. Participants were learning some stimuli,  and after some the
recognition phase started. Always one stimuli per screen, and they have to
say whether it is one of the learnt ones or not. B is therefore coded as
response1 and response2 and afterwards coded in correct/incorrect.
The problem that might have appeared is that some distractors may have been
very similar to some well learnt items, and were simultaneously paired with
a poorly learnt target. That might produce the effect of correctness below
0.5 We searched for such tasks and deleted them from further analysis.

My problem is that when I try to plot probability functions (x - predictor
variable, y - Accuracy from 0 to 1) for domains, they go below 0.5 which
doesn´t make sense, as this was a two-choice task. Their lower asymptote
should be on 0.5 not on 0. That´s why I am asking.

@Paul: Thanks for recommendation, but what do you mean by "Stan under the
hood"? I basically need a typical multilevel logistic regression (with
random effects for 2 crossed levels) but with lower asymptote being 0.5 and
not 0.

I will take a look at the functions!

Best,
Dominik