[R-sig-ME] Multilevel logistic regression guessing parameter

Dominik Ćepulić dcepulic at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:00:12 CEST 2017

I  have a following situation:

I want to predict variable B (which is dichotomous) from variable A
(continous) controlling for random effects on the level of a) Subjects; b)
Tasks.

A -> B (1)

The problem is that when I use model to predict the values of B from A,
values below probability of 0.5 get predicted, and in my case that doesn´t
make sense, because, if you guess at random, the probability of correct
answer on B would be 0.5.

I want to know how I can constrain the model (1) in lme4 so that it doesn´t
predict values lower than 0.5 in variable B.

Thank you,

Dominik!