[R-sig-ME] Hi listers

Malcolm Fairbrother M.Fairbrother at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 2 12:15:03 CEST 2017

Hi Said,

In the online supplementary information for my article available here (
https://doi.org/10.1017/psrm.2013.24), you can find R code for such
simulations, testing the impact of a skew-normal distribution for the
random intercepts.

Co-authors and I also tried a Chi-sq distribution in simulation studies for
this paper:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299604336_Fixed_and_Random_effects_making_an_informed_choice
I can send you R code for that too, if you're interested.

Others may be interested to know that non-normality doesn't seem to make
much difference.

Best wishes,
Malcolm

Dr Malcolm Fairbrother
Reader in Global Policy and Politics
School of Geographical Sciences  •  Cabot Institute  •  Centre for
Multilevel Modelling
University of Bristol