[R-sig-ME] mixed model?

Joaquín Aldabe joaquin.aldabe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 15:32:07 CEST 2017

Dear all, I'm analysing bird presence/absence in 16 grassland fields over 4
seasons (different years) and want to know the effect of grass height and
forest cover on presence/absence of the species. Grass height varied among
season but not forest cover in each field. So we have a spatial dimension
and a time dimension. I tried a binomial glm but wonder if I should use
generalized linear mixed models with field identity as the random as I have
repeated measures (bird counts) in each field.

I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks in advanced,

Joaquin Aldabe.

--
*Joaquín Aldabe*

*Grupo Biodiversidad, Ambiente y Sociedad*
Centro Universitario de la Región Este, Universidad de la República
Ruta 15 (y Ruta 9), Km 28.500, Departamento de Rocha

*Departamento de Conservación*
Aves Uruguay
BirdLife International
Canelones 1164, Montevideo