[R-sig-ME] GLMM for Combined experiments and overdispersed data

Juan Pablo Edwards Molina edwardsmolina at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:56:08 CEST 2017

I´m sorry... I´m new in the list, and when I figured out that the question
would suit best in the mixed model list I had already post it in general
R-help. I don´t know if there´s a way to "cancel a question"... I will take
care of it from now on.

Dear Thierry, thanks for your answer.
Yes, I am not interested in the effect of a specific farm, they simply
represent the total of farms from the region where I want to suggest the
best treatments.

I Followed your suggestions, but still have a couple of doubts,

1- May "farm" be include as a simple fixed effect or interacting with the
treatment?

m3 = glmer(resp ~ trt * farm + (1|tree_id), family = binomial, data=df)
m4 = glmer(resp ~ trt + farm + (1|tree_id), family = binomial, data=df)

​2 - ​
In case of significant
​[ trt * farm ], should I report the results for each farm?​

Thanks again Thierry,

Juan Edwards

*Juan*