[R-sig-ME] Modelling proportion data in lme4

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Mar 30 16:36:58 CEST 2017

Dear Adriana,

Use binomial only when the raw proportion stem from n Bernouilli
trials. E.g. 25% of 20 trails (or 5/20). In your case that could be
the abundances of all species at each site. Use that as the weights.

Best regards,
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey