[R-sig-ME] Appropriate formula for my mixed-effects model

Abhimanyu Sahai sahai.abhimanyu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 21:54:01 CET 2017

Hi,

This question is regarding choice of R formula for my mixed-effects model.
My response variable is a 3-level discrete variable. The independent
variables comprise of both continuous and categorical variables.
Furthermore, one of the categorical variables qualifies as a random effect.
I am modeling it as a generalized linear model. Which formula in R would be
appropriate in this case? I would have used *glmer*, but as far as I could
figure out, there is no appropriate option in '*family' *to model a 3-level
response variable.

Thanks,
Abhimanyu