[R-sig-ME] Random intercept/slopes on two correlated outcomes

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:39:36 CET 2017

Hi Theodore,

If you want a reference for an example with lmer, Faraway's book,
"Extending the Linear Model with R: Generalized Linear, Mixed Effects and
Nonparametric Regression Models, 2nd ed.", on section 11.3 contains an
example on using lmer with multiple responses. But this is basically the
answer that Thierry gave you (and Thierry's answer is adapted to your own
problem).

Best,

R.

On Wed, 01-02-2017, at 15:44, Houslay, Tom <T.Houslay at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Theodore, just in case it's of interest, there is another option - ASReml (commercial software from VSNi) can fit the type of model you are looking for, with more complex variance structures (and it has an R interface). This thread from the forum might be informative in terms of how to set up such a model:
>
> http://www.vsni.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1202
>
> Cheers (and good luck!)
>
> Tom
>
> ________________________________