[R-sig-ME] GLMM for underdispersed count data: Conway-Maxwell-Poisson and Ordinal

Mollie Brooks mollieebrooks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:22:53 CET 2017

I wanted to follow up on this discussion and let you know that glmmTMB recently changed the way that it does Conway-Maxwell-Poisson regression. So if you are using glmmTMB for this, you should probably install the new version from source. It now is parameterized to do regression on the mean rather than the approximate mean, which should improve accuracy and interpretability. It’s part of the master branch now, so the standard installation from source should work as described here https://github.com/glmmTMB/glmmTMB

cheers,
Mollie

Mollie E. Brooks, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher