[R-sig-ME] error: 'Calloc' could not allocate memory

Diego Pavon diego.pavonjordan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:18:08 CEST 2016

Dear colleagues

I am handling a (relatively large) data set on ring recoveries and I want
to fit a random effects model to the data using the package lme. When I run
the RANDOM INTERCEPT ONLY model it runs nicely, but when I try to include
also RANDOM SLOPE then I get an error message:

Error in logLik.lmeStructInt(lmeSt, lmePars) :
  'Calloc' could not allocate memory (2036500788 of 8 bytes)

My memory is right now:
> memory.size()
[1] 375.64
> memory.limit()
[1] 3e+11

I have tried to run it only with R running in the computer (plus the basic
stuff that may use RAM) but still can't get the results. Any ideas how to
deal with this issue?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Di

--