[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm predict fails on MCMCglmm output generated 11/15/15

Kerry Samerotte kerry.samerotte at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 05:00:32 CEST 2016

Hi mixed modelers,

I could really use some help with the MCMCglmm predict function. It works
for me on MCMCglmm output that I generated recently, but fails on MCMCglmm
output that I generated in November of 2015. In the past, the predict
function worked just fine on the 11/15 data, but now it fails with the
following error:

Error in if (!grepl("hu|zi|za|multinomial", object$Residual$family[i])) { :
argument is of length zero

Here is the model I run in MCMCglmm:
model = MCMCglmm(phen ~ condition, random = ~us(condition):strain,
rcov=~idh(condition):units, data=data, prior = prior_PE, thin = 15, nitt =
30000, burnin = 6000, verbose = FALSE, pr = TRUE)

Then I simply run:
predictions <- predict(model, marginal = NULL)

And it fails with the above error. This also fails with the same error:
predictions <- predict(model)

Help is appreciated!
Thank you
Kerry