[R-sig-ME] Unable to standardize glmmADMB global model

Aoibheann Gaughran gaughra at tcd.ie
Thu Aug 18 15:05:06 CEST 2016

Hi Ben,

I've manually scaled and centered the continuous variables, and just scaled
the offset terms.  However, I now get the following error message when I
attempt to run the model, which appears to related to a subsetting issue?

Error in `[.data.frame`(cor_dat, start_pos + (1:x$npar), start_pos + 4 +  :
undefined columns selected

The revised global model is specified as follows:

stdmod12d <- glmmadmb(field_count ~ habitat #categorical
                     + season_wt #cat
                     + sex #cat
                     + ageclass #cat
                     + z.slope #continuous, scaled and centred
                     + NSEW #cat
                     + z.month_fix #continuous, scaled and centred
                     + z.num_fields #continuous, scaled and centred
                     + habitat:ageclass
                     + habitat:sex
                     + offset(log(z.origarea)) #scaled
                     + offset(log(z.PropAvlHab)) #scaled
                     +(1|animal) #repeated obs from same individual
                     +(1|field_id) #repeated obs in same field
                     ,
                     family="nbinom",
                     zeroInflation=TRUE,
                     admb.opts=admbControl(shess=FALSE,noinit=FALSE),
                     debug=TRUE,
                     data = std_data)